Monday, October 6, 2014

Walking To work

Fitting in time to workout can be so hard.  From getting my daughter ready for school, to working, running errands, and not to mention being tired and sick from my pregnancy, it can be hectic.  But I've always worked so hard at finding time.  Working out is so important so I'm sharing with you some of the ways I keep myself moving daily!

I am currently working in college town of Cornell University.  The views and area around here are so beautiful.  It is very difficult to park in this area being a college town, so I often park quite a distance from work and hoof it up the big hill.  This saves me quite a bit of money in parking fees not to mention is a GREAT workout.

This first view you can just hardly see a slice of Cayuga Lake. As you can see the trees are starting to change here and it is just the most beautiful time for this area.

This next picture is of a building I come across during my walk.  It is a gorgeous old home that is currently being used as a Sorority house.  The other day I walked by to see some girls practicing some dance moves.


I walk over a metal bridge that covers this pretty gorge.  This looks like a great place to come and relax take a good hike or walk.

This next picture here is the huge hill I hike up every morning.  Whooo It kills my legs, but is so good for me and the Baby.  I hope to stay in good shape my whole pregnancy.

This is my http://runkeeper.com/ App I use to calculate how far I walk.  I don't normally turn it on every morning but I track my other workouts using this app.  I like to stay very active and this app allows me to track walks, runs, bikes, hikes and so much more!

If your ever trying to fit in ways to work out try parking a little farther from work.. or try to take a hike with the kiddos.  My daughter loves adventuring outdoors.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment