Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

New Years Recap.

This year has been incredible.  We are currently living in Lansing NY to be near our family.  We moved back here to spend more time with them, and so our children could get to know their family.  Taylor Started in kindergarten in 2014 so she finished out her first year of school this year!  We welcomed our beautiful son Chase.  We celebrated our first year anniversary of being married. 



Our family April 2015


  The beginning of this year was pretty average, I was very pregnant, was working, taking Taylor to school everyday, just a normal routine.  We didn't really do too much knowing we had this pending arrival. 

April came and we were really anxious to meet our little man.  He came 3 days late, on a night where I had chose to stay up late to scrub the floors in the house.  Nesting much! Ha.  I was super freaking out that whole week that the house just wasn't in order for the baby to come.  




Then of course in the middle of the night I woke up to find out I was in labor.  We welcomed our beautiful boy on April 16th.  You can read about my natural hospital birth HERE

I have been blogging about his progress every month if you would like to check it out.  He has grown so much in just 8 months.  

A couple of weeks after he was born we had found out we were inheriting a camper!  My mother in law gave us her camper after deciding to get a larger one for herself and husband.

When re-visiting the camper after a long time since last seeing it I noticed it needed some work.  I saw a few spots that looked like had gotten rotten from water over the years.  So even though I was really excited, I was slightly concerned about mold or mildew.  A week later my husband started his renovation of our Camper.  







I had no idea my comment about the concern of mold and mildew would turn into the project it did.  He spent a month or two working all the time on our family camper.  I was so proud, and excited of all his work.  Now I can't say that I enjoyed every minute of the process.  It took up a lot of my husbands free time and I missed and needed him quite a bit during those weeks.  But it was sure fun decorating and designing our home on wheels, our family camper.      











We took the camper a few times over the summer.  We went to the 6 Hour sports car race at Watkins Glen, we went to Cortland's Country park, and Brennan Beach at lake Ontario, NY.



Then we got ready for Taylor to go back to school and start back at a normal routine with her.  She started the 1st Grade.  



A month after school started they had a break for Columbus day.  We took advantage of the time off and went to visit my sister Sarah and her boyfriend Anthony.  They moved to the Charlotte area and bought a house in South Carolina.  We took advantage of our trip and went to the Nascar Race.  It was a blast, except that it rained the day they were supposed to race so we came back the next day.  The following day ended up being beautiful and perfect.  We had a great time.  Chase didn't even mind too much.



We had a great year.  Toward the end we decided to move into a new place, looking for a house.  The neighbors that moved in at the end of the summer were really noisy, and the cost was just too crazy for our budget anymore.  So I looked and looked and got so lucky and found the perfect little house. 



We chose to downsize, and try to get rid of as much as possible before we moved.  We had trouble getting rid of enough before we moved so we have been slowly getting rid of things as we come to them.  I had decided to live simpler and cleaner.  I don't want to spend so much time cleaning and organizing all the time.  Less stuff = less stress.  Its been going really well and I hope to have it done soon.

Our Christmas was amazing.  Chase celebrated his first.  He didn't care too much or understand what was happening but it was still cool to watch his reaction.  Some of the toys with lights and sounds really excited him.  Taylor got a new bicycle that is more of a big girl bike.  She loves it, and has been practicing, hand breaks have been a new challenge.  She ran into my cousins car on Christmas because she couldn't stop...ooops.  We were able to celebrate with the whole family being near them really helps with that.  It was surprisingly warm this year being in the 60s. It was a great holiday. 



We are just so blessed, happy, lucky.  I couldn't ask for more.  We are all healthy and have everything we need.  This year has been an amazing one and I can't wait to see how great the new one will be.  Watch the children grow, learn, laugh, play and love.  

New years resolutions or Goals as I call them.

1. Be more patient
2. Be more Social
3. Read and Learn More

Thank you so much for reading my blog.  I hope you come back soon and read more about my happy sweet family.  







No comments:

Post a Comment