Monday, June 1, 2015

Freezer smoothies and quick 5 min smoothie

I love making smoothies but doesn't it always seem like you make a mess and it's a giant hassle! I have two super easy ways to fix this. First being prepared ahead freezer smoothie.


I eat mine to add some extra nutrition into my day. It's so hard to find time to snack or even make meals with a newborn.

I purchased:

Bag of raspberries
Bag of mangos
Bunch of bananas 
Almond milk or orange juice 
Protein powder (optional)

I divided the bags up with one banana and about a handful of each fruit into sandwich baggies.  This made large 6 servings.



Then I tossed the frozen fruit in the freezer and left my blender in plain sight so I wouldn't forget. Then when I wanted to make one I just tossed in the fruit (thawed a little) poured in my almond milk or oj or both. And added my protein power once it was blended. Then enjoyed! Yumm


Another quick healthy smoothie that takes just 5 minutes I like to make is a green smoothie. I don't have any pictures to show you but it does turn out green but yummy. 

I added:

One banana 
Large handful of kale, Swiss chard, spinach ( I buy the organic mix of these)
Cup of Orange juice 
Cup of almond milk

Blend and enjoy! This is the quickest way I have found to eat a salad. And it's quite tasty too.

Thanks for reading please subscribe so you don't miss any of my great posts!









No comments:

Post a Comment